Saturday 1 December 2012

Poems written by my father in Genoese dialect, which I make public for the first time in his memory ...
                         ZENA
Genoa. I love Genoa for what it was, I love Genoa for what they have left, I love Genoa for what it is. I love this city but I've never known it, but now that the "excavations" have brought to light the remains of so much love, I know that only those who are gone, because they would be too old too have known my city, I am born too late...
Mi ammo Zena
per quello ch'a l'ea.
Mi ammo Zena
per quello ch'han lasciou;
Mi ammo Zena
per quello ch'a l'è.
Mi ammo sta cittae
e non l'ho mai conoscua
ma aoa che i scavi
han riportou a luxe
e reixi de tanto amo,
so che solo quelli che non ghe son ciu,
perchè saievan troppo troppo vegi,
han conoscuo a mae cittae.
Mi son nascuo troppo tardi.

(B.Z.1991)


Elezioin

Elections. When approaching the time of the election the Mayor to do a great work to do, destroy roads, troughs..., but people know... it's just to kick dust in the eyes!
Quando se avvixina
o tempo de elezioin
o Scindico se da'un gran da fa
per fa travaggi:
caccia per l'aia stradde,
caccia per l'aia treuggi…
a gente ormai o sa, l'è solo
per caccia pua in ti euggi!

(B.Z.1970)




No comments: